This is the step-by-step guide on how to install Kodi on Android Phones and Android Boxes.
- Install Kodi on Android today and access a powerful media server capable of playing back media on your Android Phone, Tablet, or TV box. Use our guide below to install Kodi on Android today, including any Android phone, tablet, or TV box (including nVidia Shield) which doesn’t have Kodi already installed on it.
- INSTALL KODI 17 KRYPTON ON ANDROID 4.4.2 / 4.4.4 KITKAT Android TV Box MXQ, MX3, MX Pro & Many More. In this video i have explained how how you can install KODI 17 latest version on ANDROID 4.4.2 / 4.4.4 KITKAT Android TV Box MXQ, MX3, MX Pro i have also done video explain with very new and other latest methods too.
The latest release of Kodi (17.4) is optimized for Android Oreo. If your Android is running any operating system below Oreo (e.g., Nougat), you will likely run into severe errors when trying to use Kodi. The following tutorial will teach you how to Download & Install Kodi on Android Box under 2 Minutes. Entertainment is like fuel to our daily hectic life and thanks to the advancement of technology, today we have so many ways, mediums or channels to keep us entertained until whatever limit we desire for. Navigate back to Kodi home screen and select ‘Add-ons’ On the top left, click the ‘Package installer’ icon that looks like an open box and choose the ‘Install from zip file’ option. Open “No Limits Magic”, the newly created media source and open the file inside named plugin.video.nolimitswizard.zip.
Since Kodi is easily available on Play Store, there is hardly any problem installing this app on any of your Android devices.
Once you install Kodi 18.6 (latest version) on Android and with best working Kodi addons you can view any movie or TV show for free.
Before you start streaming any content on Kodi, you must use a VPN. The reason why you need a VPN is to keep your online identity anonymous while you stream free content.
Our top recommended VPN is Surfshark which has an affordable price and can be used on unlimited devices with a single account.
How to Install Kodi 18.7 on Android Phone
Step 1: Open Play Store
Step 2: Type Kodi and click on the first result that appears
Step 3: Press Install
Step 4: Wait for the installation to installation to complete
Step 5: Once the installation is complete click Open
Step 6: Click Continue
Step 7: This is the interface of Kodi
How to Install Kodi on Android TV Box
We’re sure you’re probably dying to know how do I install Kodi on Android Box right about now. But before you start, you must uninstall any previous version of Kodi on your Android TV.
Once you have done that, simply follow these steps:
- On the home screen, click on My Apps
- Then click on Browser
- Type http://kodi.tv then press Okay
- Go to Downloads
- Select ARM Version
- Wait for download complete
- Go to My Apps
- Go to App Installer
- Select Local Disk
- Find Kodi App and press okay to install
- Click Install on the pop-up dialog box
- After the installation is complete, click on open
That’s it! You have successfully set Kodi Android. If you require any additional information about how to setup Kodi on Android box, you can check out their Wiki.
Now you can unblock and watch geo-restricted content anywhere in the world. However, you need a good VPN to do that.
You can check out our list of the Top Kodi VPNs to unblock any content anywhere in the world and to cast Kodi through android.
How to Install Kodi on Android TV Box via Play Store
Kodi on Android TV Box can also be setup via Google Play Store. Your Play Store will automatically choose the version 32bit or 64bit of Kodi you need.
- Open Android Box Home
- Go to Google Play Store from the main menu
- Create yourGmailAccount. In case you have a Gmail Account already then log in to it.
- Now search for Kodi > Select Kodi from the search results > Click Install
- Open Android Box > Open Apps > Click on Kodi
Upgrade Kodi on Android TV box
To update Kodi, first, you need to uninstall Kodi from the Android device. Once Kodi is uninstalled, updating Kodi on Android device is not that much of an issue.
You can easily update Kodi by downloading the latest Kodi version on your device and then follow the steps that are mentioned for installing Kodi above. The procedure would be exactly the same.
How To Add Kodi Addons On Android
To add Kodi Addons on Android, you must download the Kodi Addon Installer. To do that, you need to follow these steps:
- Open Kodi
- Go to SYSTEM > File Manager
- Click on Add Source
- Then select None
- Type http://fusion.tvaddons.ag and click on Done
- Highlight the box underneath Enter a name for this media Source and type Fusion
- Select OK
- Return to Home Screen
- Go to SYSTEM
- Select Add-Ons
- Select Install from zip file
- Select Fusion and then click on Begin Here
- Select plugin.program.addoninstaller-x.x.x.zip
- Wait for Add-on Enabled notification
Congratulations, you have successfully installed the Kodi Addon Installer. With it, you can add Kodi Addons On Android without any hassle. To access the Addon Installer, simply go to:
PROGRAMS > Add-Ons > Add-On Installer
How To Watch Channels On Kodi Android
To watch channels abroad on Kodi for Android Box,
How To Download Kodi 18 On Android Box
- Open Kodi
- Select SYSTEM
- Select TV (or Live TV if you are on a version lower than 15.2 and if you are then consider updating)
- Select General
- Select Enabled
- You will now see a pop-up saying that you have no PVR Client enabled. Select OK
- Scroll down and select PVR IPTV Simple Client
- Select Enable
- Select Configure
- In General select M3U Play List URL
- Copy URL: http://pastebin.com/raw/fiMEf4Ab and paste in the address bar.
- Select OK
- Reboot Kodi
- From the Home Screen, open TV to see the live channel list
- Select any channel to load and play
And that’s about it! Now you can stream Live TV on your Android Box with Kodi and catch your favourite movies, TV shows, sports, news and much more.
Bear in mind though that you would still need a good VPN to unblock geo-restricted TV channels on Kodi.
Kodi can also be installed on an Android-based VR Headset.
How to Setup Kodi Remote Control on Android
- Go to Google Play from your Android Device.
- Search Kore app > Install it.
- Open Kore App on your Android Phone > Add Media Center > Click Next.
- Let the app search for available media centers.
- Select Kodi from the result list if it is listed. Otherwise, follow the further steps for manual setup.
- Click Next.
- Name Media center as “Kodi“.
- In the Address column, enter the IP address and Port Value (Go to settings > System > Click Summary for extracting these details).
- Enter the Username and Password > Click ‘TEST’> Click Finish.
How to Install/Setup Kodi on Android Smart TV
- Open Google Play Store from the menu.
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Search Kodi > Click on Kodi from the results > Click Install.
- Open Home screen > Open Apps > Click on Kodi.
Android Alternatives For Kodi
Some of the most popular Kodi Android alternatives are:
With the growing use of Android devices, having Kodi is an added advantage. It provides one solution for streaming all your favorite content, whether it is movies, shows, documentaries, live news, or sports events.
Using the steps mentioned in our guide, you could easily set up Kodi on Android, add different addons, and backup all your existing Kodi settings.
Was our guide useful? Do let us know in the comments below if you have any queries or suggestions.
How to choose channels on Android Kodi
So, you have Kodi and Android Box by now. And you want to watch football, Indian cinema or anime cartoon. What is needed for this? Choose a channel!
Here is a simple guide to help you:
Choose a system, than TV or Live TV, then General
Select the Enabled option.
Now open the M3U Play List URL, copy the link http://pastebin.com/raw/fiMEf4Ab and paste it into the address bar.
Reload your application
Now you can open TV, look at which channels and live channels are available. Decide which one you like best and just turn it on. It will immediately begin playback.
Kodi Download For Android Box
How you should backup Kodi Android
How To Download Kodi 17 On Android Box Download
Many users want to customize the configuration based on their own personal preferences. Of course, you can do this without any problems, but just in case, it is better to have a backup. Do not think that this is a complex process; in fact, everything is very simple. And here is the sequence of actions that you must adhere to:
Open Settings in the SYSTEM
Select the Add-ons tab. It is located on the left in the menu bar.
Choose Get Supplement
You must open the org Add-ons repository
Browse the list of categories and click Add-ons for Programs
Install XBMC Backup Add-on
Wait for the process to complete